A grade-school teacher will assign students to a single row of consecutive worktables, numbered 1 through 5. Two of the students are morning-schedule students and five of the students are day-schedule students. Three of the students are boys, and four of the students are girls. The teacher will assign the children to tables in accordance with the following conditions:
1. Each student must be assigned to exactly one table, and no more than two students are assigned to a table.
2. Each morning student must share a table with a day student.
3. A boy cannot sit at a table with another boy.
4. Day students cannot be at three adjacent tables.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___
1 2 3 4 5
1. 2 students max per table. Either 0, 1, or 2.
2. m->m d
5. never _d_ _d_ _d_
___ ___ X __ ___
Number #3 must be empty in order to follow rule #5
NOTE: You should train your sketch skills in order to be able to identify and not to miss such important inferences as number #3 that must be empty. Otherwise, the game is virtually impossible to solve.
Leave a Reply.